Elizabeth & Lucas
New York City, U.S. x Rio de Janeiro, Brasil | 4,816 Miles | Since 4.6.11
Their Story in Brief
Some call it coincidence. Some call it fate.
In January of 2011, before they were even acquainted, he had unknowingly captured her on video at an art exhibit in New York City.
Three months later, their paths somehow cross again in a San Francisco hostel.
He asked what she thought of Dilma Rousseff, the newly elected Madam President of Brasil. She asked what he thought of the new found oil in the Amazon. They continued for three days…and hasn’t stopped since.
The Places They’ve Been
• San Francisco, United States [April 2011]
• Rio de Janeiro, Brasil [July 2011]
• New York City, United States [September 2011]
• Ciudad de México, México [September 2011]
• London, United Kingdom [November 2011]
• Salvador da Bahia, Brasil [February 2012]
• Rio de Janeiro, Brasil [August 2012]
• New York City, United States [December 2012]
• Harbin, China [February 2013]
• Buenos Aires, Argentina [April 2013]
January 2011: A still frame from the video he captured of her in New York City, before they officially “meet.”
July 2011: Holding hands in Rio de Janeiro, three months after their first meeting in San Francisco.
Today: On top of Pai Ignacio mountain in Chapada Diamantina National Park, located in Salvador da Bahia, Brasil’s Northeast.